The blog may well drift into being mostly model railway posts.
This post will be expanded but here is a holding link to a description I posted elsewhere.
The real castle
- The Castle is on the west side of the Island of Portland in Dorset.
- It overlooks Church Ope Cove.
- Although often attributed to King William II (aka William Rufus) the existing structure dates largely from the late C15th.
- Portland Museum’s website has an extensive section covering the Castle’s history and featuring a fantastic, 360o, ‘fly past’ 3D scan.
- As part of promoting the Castle’s history a ‘freebie’ model is available to download. Scale 1:200 therefore just below UK N Scale.
Where to find the model and the associated notes.
The Portland Museum website – about the model page
Link to the download templates (Free) in pdf format.
Link to the 360deg fly through of the real Rufus Castle.
Page updated 26 November 2023.